My LinkedIn page is here: www.linkedin.com/in/victoriabogdan
University of California, Davis School of Law – Juris Doctor Candidate
Expected May 2017
- Editor-in-Chief, Environs Environmental Law and Policy Journal
- Research Assistant: Professors Rick Frank and Albert Lin (Environmental Law, Spring 2015-Present)
- Co-Chair, 2015 Environmental Law Society Symposium (Topic: “The Future of CEQA”) and 2016 Symposium (Topic: “Emerging Legal and Policy Challenges Along California’s Coast” )
- Teaching Assistant to Professor Andrea Chandrasekher, 1L Criminal Law (Fall 2015)
Honors and Awards:
- Witkin Award, Best Grade in Class: Environmental Law
- Lehmann & Quirk Environmental Law Fellowship (2015)
- Dean’s Merit Scholarship (2014-Present)
Environmental Forum of Marin – Master Class, Environmental Policy and Advocacy / 2012-2013
University of California, Berkeley – Biology I and II (Independent Coursework) / 2010-2011
Earthjustice – Summer Law Clerk / 2016
Center for Biological Diversity – Legal Extern / Fall 2015
- Research and draft legal memoranda for endangered species, climate change, and environmental health issues.
- Develop comment letter in response to NEPA EIS on proposed waste incinerator project.
- Cite-checked legal assertions in brief on ecological impacts of riverbed material extraction.
California Coastal Commission – Legal Enforcement Intern / Summer 2015
- Assisted statewide enforcement attorneys with time-sensitive legal research and writing for public access, natural resource, and other Coastal Act violation cases.
- Investigated scope of Coastal Commission enforcement authority over oil spill incidents.
- Conducted historical analysis using primary document review to discern legislative intent behind Coastal Act.
Clinton-Giustra Partnership – Research, Writing, and Strategy Consultant / May 2014-October 2015
- Evaluate business cases for international development projects and provide feedback based on environmental and social impact standards.
- Collaborate with Development Director on donor prospect cultivation and solicitation strategies.
- Write grant proposals and reports.
Independent Fundraising and Strategy Consultant / 2010-2015
- Operated as sole proprietor consultant for environmental and social justice nonprofits.
- Clients included: Yosemite Conservancy, Regulatory Assistance Project, Felidae Conservation Fund, Earth Day Quebec, The Nature Conservancy, Land Paths, and Fair Trade USA.
Resource Renewal Institute – Development Director / 2011-2012
- Created and directed foundation-based fundraising strategy for environmental think-tank founded and led by former California Secretary of Resources, Huey D. Johnson.
- Raised $100,000 from new donors for innovative California water law program.
The Nature Conservancy – Institutional Giving Manager/ 2006-2010
- Managed foundation and corporate donor program with annual average fundraising total of $26 million.
- Wrote and edited 135 foundation grant reports and proposals per year.
Nerds for Nature – Founder and Co-director / 2012-Present
Steer the vision and activities of a growing volunteer organization aimed at developing participatory projects where environmental conservation science, technology, and design meet: http://www.nerdsfornature.org.
“SF Bay Area: What Might Have Been” – Creator and Director / 2012-2014
Envisioned and executed interactive history exhibit about defeated large-scale development projects during the 1950s-70s in the San Francisco Bay Area. Created website and held gallery show to present work. http://www.whatmighthavebeen.org/